Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI)
Established by the Board of Executive Directors (BED) of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), the Institute undertakes research to help economic, fi nancial and banking activities in Muslim countries to conform to shariah, and to extend training facilities for personnel engaged in development activities in the Bank’s member countries.
The functions of the Institute are to:
- Develop a dynamic and innovative Islamic Financial Services Industry (IFSI);
- Develop and coordinate basic and applied research for the application of shariah in economics, banking and fi nance;
- Conduct policy dialogue with member countries;
- Provide advisory services in Islamic economics, banking and fi nance;
- Disseminate IFSI-related knowledge through conferences, seminars, workshops, apprenticeships and policy and research papers;
- Provide learning and training opportunities for personnel engaged in socioeconomic development activities in member countries;
- Collect and systematize information and disseminate knowledge;
- Collaborate to provide policy advice and advisory services on the development and stability of Islamic fi nance and on the role of Islamic institutions in economic development to member governments, the private sector and the NGO sector;
- Develop partnerships with research and academic institutions at the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and international levels.